We all love our hair all glammed up, looking perfect with that Blow Dry, and oh those curls and of course we have all tried our hand at the keratin treatment and what does all this leave us with? Ultra dry and super damaged hair!
Well, time to get a little closer nature. Let’s fix these locks pulling out these vitamins and mineral packed ingredients from our kitchen that work like magic. These 5 DIY Extreme Damage Repair Hair Masks are easy to make and use, giving you healthy & beautiful Hairs.
Avocado and Mayonnaise Deep Nourishment Mask
You Will Need
• 1 Cup Mayonnaise
• 1 Whole Ripe Avocado
1. In a bowl mash the avocado until it is completely free of lumps.
2. To the mashed avocado, add the mayo and mix until you get a smooth mixture.
3. Apply this mixture to your hair starting from the roots and working your way down to the tips.
4. Once all of your hair is covered, leave the hair mask in for 20 minutes. You can boost the efficiency of the mask by wrapping your hair in a hot towel.
5. Wash the mask out with a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
Banana, Yogurt and Honey Protein Mask
You will need
• 1 Ripe Banana
• 2 Tbsp Yogurt
• 3 Tsp Honey
• 1/2 Lemon Juice
• 1 Drop Essential oils (Optional)
1. Mash the banana in a grinder so there are no lumps left or banana can be a pain to get out of the hair, once mashed add the yogurt, honey, and lemon juice so the mixture is not too runny. We need a mousse kind of texture.
2. Throw in a few drops of your favorite essential oil just in case you mind the smell.
3. Once the mixture is smooth and creamy, apply to damp hair and comb through using a wide tooth comb.
4. Put on your shower cap and enjoy catching a quick 30 minute episode of your fav show.
5. Thoroughly rinse hair using lukewarm water. Shampoo and condition as normal.
Aloe Vera, Honey and Coconut Oil Moisture Seal Mask
You will need-:
• 7 Tbsp of fresh Aloe Vera gel
• 4 tbsp Coconut Oil
• 2 tbsp Honey
1. In a bowl, combine the aloe vera gel, coconut oil along with honey and whisk the mixture.
2. Start by massaging this mixture onto your scalp and then work it down to the tail of your hair which tends to be the most damaged part.
3. Wrap your hair in a hot wet towel for about 10 mins and leave it on for a minimum of 30 mins. This mask can be left on overnight as well.
4. Wash off with a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner.
Strawberry, Curd & Olive Oil Repair Damage Mask
You will need:
• 5 Strawberries
• 2 tablespoons of Olive oil,
• 5 tablespoons of sour cream or yogurt.
1. Mash the strawberry’s until it turns into a fine paste.
2. Mix all the ingredients well.
3. Apply this mask onto the scalp and the entire length of the hair and leave it on for up to 1 hour.
4. Wash your hair with shampoo and follow with your conditioner as usual.
Tender Coconut Cream and Honey Extreme Damage Repair Mask
You will need
• Fresh coconut cream
1. Scoop out the cream of a whole tender green coconut and run it in the blender until it forms a smooth conditioner looking paste.
2. Add the honey and fold it in.
3. Apply this magical potion just the way you use your conditioner just that you reach the roots as well.
4. Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave this deep conditioning mask for a min of 1/2 hour Up to 3 hours.
Pro tip: Get Fresh Ingredients for making the hair masks to achieve the maximum damage repair effect. Use these Hair Masks for about 4-6 times minimum, to see some significant improvement to the damaged hairs.
Sohni Juneja is a professional makeup artist extending bridal makeup services in Delhi and Dehradun. With over 10 years of experience in the industry she’s sure to channel your inner beauty and let that glow pop on your face. To keep updated with makeup and skincare updates, follow the Best makeup artist in Delhi Sohni Juneja on Instagram and Facebook.
For inquiries or prior appointments please fill the contact form